7/21/10

Tiny Triumphs 35

WOW! What a week it has been! Not super busy but enough going on that I am not bored. I have been learning a few new things this week and I love it! We even planned a visit with some friends in Fort for August. I can't believe a few of the things that I have done this week!

1. Ethan and I helped milk cows! Kate had to milk for her parents so we "helped" I don't know how much help we were but hey we tried. Now, if you know me this is a HUGE thing for me to do. I hate to get dirty and am not a farm girl. I am a city girl through and through. So you can see how this is a big thing for me.

2. Kate is going to teach me how to can fruits and vegetables. I have wanted to learn and today and the rest of the week is the day. I am so excited! We are going to do Raspberry Jam, Blueberry Jam, Pickles, Dilly Beans, Dilled Carrots, and Corn Relish. Plus, a few other things. I can't wait to either give it as gifts or eat it through the year.

3. Ethan and I have been doing a few things at home. I taught him how to sew a straight line on the sewing machine. Now, this is even hard for me to do. I seem to want to go fast and get it done. With the sewing machine out I have actually been working on my T-Shirt quilt and have done quite a lot. Ethan and I made a door stop and have been gardening quite a bit. We also have been playing games and reading quite a bit!

4. The litter is still being scooped.

Now, I warn you that next week both boys will be at Grandma Schumacher's house for ten days. So Tiny Triumphs will be all about me and Jared. I don't know what we are going to do but it should be fun!

Have a great week!

No comments: