3/18/11

Tiny Triumphs 11!

Okay, I am late again. I have several excuses and some of them are even good. So since I am already late I am going to do this a little differently. I am going to tell you what has been going on this week.

This week has been kind of a bummer. Monday, while doing Yoga, I heard a pop from my knee. Then the pain started. By the end of the day I could not bend it and it was swollen. Kellen also came home sick from school on Monday. Jared stayed home with him so I could go to sewing. A friend of mine brought me to a sewing group. It is in a church and is amazing! The ladies were very welcoming! I have never seen anything like 20 or more sewing machines set up in one place. By the time sewing ended I had an awesome start on my t-shirt quilt! It should be done soon! It only took me 2 years!

Tuesday brought a trip to the doctor for me. My knee was worse and I could not stand it. What I had done was tear the tendon away from the knee cap. So my knee cap was no longer being held in. Not fun! I had x-rays and was fitted for a brace. Now Jared won't let me up to do anything and I was getting frustrated already. Tuesday night was also the boys Yoga class.

Wednesday, my knee was still hurting. Wednesday also brought another trip to the doctor. This time for Kellen. He had a bump on his eye lid. I assumed that it was a sty and was wrong. He has a blocked tear duct. So a prescription was given.

Thursday, I was at the doctor again. This time to sign up for some physical therapy for me knee and to get some crutches. I figured that now that I had crutches that Jared would let me out of the house more. He will but crutches are no fun! I always thought that they were cool. They are right up there with braces and glasses. The things that when you get them you realize that they hurt or are just not as neat as you thought. I am almost 34 years old and still thought that crutches would be fun. Well let me tell you they are NOT!!

So that brings us to today. So far today I have laid low and relaxed. I am saving my strength for the weekend!

Thanks for reading my rant. I hope I don't do that ever again. Have a good week!

No comments: